Gifts. You had to have known that was coming, right? We’ve talked about Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, and Acts of Service. It only makes sense that somewhere in the category of Love Languages you would gifts.
And don’t worry, you don’t have to break the bank to use this love language effectively. I’m not talking about showering your man with the newest, fanciest, best of everything (although if you have the budget, why not). No, I’m talking about practical, thoughtful giving that your man can appreciate. With this love language, it’s more the thought that counts. So, say you’re grocery shopping, grocery list in hand, and as you are approaching the check out counter you notice your husband’s FAVORITE snack is on sale. It’s not on your list, but you just know it would make his day. Do you get it for him? Today you do. Just to bless him. Just because you love him. Because you know it will put a smile on his face.
Not sure where to start? Check out some of these simple gift giving ideas that can make your man feel loved.
50 Ideas to Try If Your Husbands Love Language Is Gifts
1. Create a set of IOU (I Owe You) Coupons.
2. Bring home his favorite treat.
3. Buy your spouse lunch and bring it to work.
4. Have fresh flowers waiting on the table for him when he gets home.
5. Give him a thank your card.
6. BONUS POINTS if you hand make it.
7. Never forget a birthday, anniversary, or special holiday like (Christmas)
8. Bless them with an “Open When” Box.
9. Take them out to their favorite place to eat.
10. Surprise him with his favorite dessert.
11. Write him a love letter.
12. Gift a memento from your first date (or a favorite date).
13. Take a trip to a place they’ve always wanted to go.
14. Pick him up from work for a coffee date at his favorite coffee spot.
16. Purchase a book they wanted.
17. Fill their car’s gas tank for them.
18. Give them a gift card for a car wash.
19. Treat them to a special night in.
20. Put his favorite quote (or Bible verse!) in a frame and gift it to him.
21. Pick flowers for him.
22. Create a “what I like about you” scrapbook and gift it to him on an anniversary.
23. Give him your undivided attention.
24. Treat him to a movie night.
25. Treat him to a night on the town (bowling, golfing, dancing, etc.)
26. Plan a guys night for him.
27. Set him up with a surprise bubble bath when he gets home from the gym.
28. Let him choose the restaurant for dinner on the town.
29. Buy him his team’s football hoodie.
30. Make yourself available to him (mentally, physically, intimately).
31. Cover his bathroom mirror with love notes.
32. Leave a box of his favorite candy in his desk at work.
33. Buy a pack of his favorite cold drink and put it in the fridge with a love note on it.
34. Use the holiday seasons to spoil him with seasons favorites (i.e. peppermint mocha coffee creamer, or special deals on chicken wings during football season).
35. Call in his favorite pizza every once in a while.
36. Never forget his birthday (even if all you can afford is a card).
37. Be excited about special occasions (i.e. birthdays and anniversaries).
38. Send him a “just because I love you” card at work.
39. Frame a favorite picture of the two of you and mail it to his office
40. Create reasons to celebrate!
41. Give “rewards” often (back to the whole DIY coupon idea!
42. GIft him something that encourages him in his hobbies.
43. Let him watch his favorite TV show uninterrupted.
44. Gift him something that solves a problem (if he is misplacing his keys, a key finder might be a good gift).
45. Plan a surprise party for his birthday!
46. Celebrate promotions and work recognition!
47. Create traditions together.
48. Serve him breakfast in bed on a weekend (or better yet, weekday. What a great way to start the day).
49. Ask him what you could do for him that would be helpful.
50. Take the kids to grandmas and give him a night to himself.
Notice most of these ideas don’t cost a ton of money! They’re simple, fun, and creative ideas that make gift giving something to look forward too.
What kind of gifts do you give your honey to show that you love him? Drop your ideas in the comments. I can’t wait to read them!