Want to Know The Secret to Nurturing An Enjoyable, Purposeful, and lasting marriage?
Of all the Love Languages we touched on so far, this one is my absolute FAVORITE. Yup, It’s time to spend some Quality Time with your main man. Listen, with everything we have on our plates as moms, working women, and wives it can be really easy to neglect this love language. Even I’m guilty that (and this is my primary love language *gasp*). But I found hope in this one simple tip. Are you ready for it?
50 Ideas to Try If Your Husband’s Love Language is Quality Time
Let’s talk habits! There are some simple and practical habits you can create that will make any Quality Time persons feel loved and respected. Take notes! You might want to start implementing them NOW. Remember, a little consideration goes a long way.
These small actions will make a HUGE Impact
1. Set consistent date nights (more tips for this in the next section).
2. Put your cell phone away when you’re with him.
3. Set boundaries to protect your time with husband. Don’t let other tasks, projects, or people takeaways from your alone time.
4. Engage in conversation. You know, ask questions. Respond thoughtfully. Give more than “yes” or “no” answers.
And if you’re really struggling to carry a fun or meaningful conversation with your hubby consider giving these conversation prompts a try!
5. Laugh together.
6. Listen as much, if not more, than you talk.
7. Be purposeful with your time.
8. Do things together
9. Take an interest in his hobbies. Yes, that may mean you end up snuggling in his lap with his arm wrapped around you while he plays a video game or two. Enjoy the moment. It’ll make his day.
10. You know that consistent date night you set; NEVER cancel it.
11. Be home at a decent hour. Evening and night tend to offer plenty of opportunity for intimate moments. Don’t miss out.
13. Take advantage of the time you have together when the kids are napping or out of the house. Perfect for one on one time!
14. Start your day together. Sip some yummy coffee from your his and hers coffee mugs.
15. Make eye contact.
35 Date Ideas for That Foster Quality Time
16. Plan a movie date.
17. Have a monthly weekend “away” (you don’t have to go far. Maybe a local hotel for a night).
18 Take your hubby on a nice little walk.
19. Plan a group date so both of you can have fun with friends together.
20. Meet your sweetie at work for a quick lunch break.
21. Go to a local farmers market. Ours usually have live music, great food, and tons of little goodies to enjoy.
22. Find a “Married Life” group at church and do activities with the group.
23. Work out together.
24. Go hiking,
25. Do a couple’s massage.
26. Have a Caramel Apple date! This is perfect for people like me who love fair food but don’t want to spend an arm and a leg to get it. Caramel Apples at home? Yes, please!
27. Plan a Camping Trip.
28. Put together a couples Scavenger Hunt!
29. Try a new restaurant featuring food you haven’t eaten before.
30. Go to a painting class together.
31. Read a book together! It could be anything! A couple’s devotional (we really enjoyed this one!), to a good fiction, read, or an instructional book that will help you reach a common goal (get out of debt, start a homestead, travel the world, start a blog or side business, etc.)
32. Start a DIY project together. We actually just finished making three-tier bunk beds for the kid’s room in our new house! It was a lot of fun to do something new and hands-on like that.
33. Make a date out of planning your date nights. Brainstorm potential date ideas, write them on a card, put your date cards in a binder and voila, you’ve got yourself DIY Date Night Book. So fun, and super helpful!
34. Swim at the beach.
35. Get a list of your state’s national parks and spend the year visiting each and every one of them. As of today (11/28/18) we are five parks down and plenty more to go!
36. Plan a sledding trip. Of course, you’ll need snow for that. And some sledding saucers. You can’t have a sledding date without saucers
37. Volunteer Together. At a youth group, soup kitchen, grocery store or even your kiddos school or daycare. Be helpful and purposeful together.
38. Bake Cookies. Or a pie. Or banana bread. This banana bread recipe from Coco and Ash is over the moon delicious.
39. Re-pot Flowers or make a home garden.
40. Go dancing.
41. Go star gazing. I’m not going to lie, some of my favorite moments with my husband and when he pulls me out of bed to look at the stars. Make sure to take a telescope! The view will take your breath away.
42. Play 20 Questions! I know we think we all know our marriage partner, but let’s be honest. There are probably still surprises in there that you would enjoy learning. Stories to tell, things to laugh about. I’d bet you anything.
43. Have a candlelight dinner at home (after the kids are in bed of course)
44. Have an Around the World Date Night! You may not be able to physically travel around the world, but you can get creative! Why not experience the food and culture of different nations right there in your kitchen?
45. Play a board game.
46. Just talk to each other.
47. Create a bucket list.
48. Go to a wine tasting.
49. Cuddle before bedtime.
50. Write each other love letters.
There you have it! 50 Ideas to get you started! And of course, there’s always room for more suggestions! What kind of activities do you and your husband like to do during your quality time together? Drop your answer in the comments!