Did you know as a wife your words carry a lot of weight? Sure this is the truth in most any circumstance but especially as a wife. The way you talk to your husband has the ability to shape your entire marriage. Just think about that for a second.
I’ll be honest, I didn’t realize how much power my words held until I read the book Words That Hurt, Words That Heal by Joseph Telushkin. Knowing what I know, I think it’s really important that while we talk about the 5 Love Languages we take some time to talk about Words of Affirmation
If your husband’s love language is Words of Affirmation it means he is looking to your words encourage, compliment and AFFIRM him. That is how he best receive love from you. It’s really not as complicated as that last sentence made it sound. Your husband (hopefully) already knows you love him. If his love language is words of affirmation, what he is really needing from you, is to here WHY you love him.
50 Ideas to Try If His Love Language is Words of Affirmation
5 Phrases to Get You Started:
1. I love it when you …
2. I appreciate how you …
3. It was really helpful when you …
4. I love you because …
5. Thank you for…
5 Ways to “Sweeten” the Delivery
6. Send your kind words via text message.
7. Write a love letter.
8. Leave him a kind voicemail.
9. Compliment him in front of other people.
10. Sneak a sweet little love note where he’s sure to see it.
40 Affirmations To Uplift Your Husband
11. Thank him for the work he does for your family.
12. Tell him when you’re proud of him and WHY.
13. Verbally support his ambitions
14. Let him know that you’re grateful he’s yours.
15. When he’s being helpful, point it out to him and thank him for it.
16. Compliment his appearance.
17. Let him know you’re still crushin’ on him.
18. Use nicknames when you talk to each other.
19. Tell him you love him.
20. Tell him about a time he made you smile.
21. Thank him for being there when you need him.
22. Let him know when you’re thinking about him.
23. Ask him for his input.
24. Ask him what makes him feel loved.
25. Compliment his character
26. I support you.
27. I believe in you.
28. I admire you.
29. I look up to you.
30. I respect you.
31. I’m proud of you.
32. You set such a good example for our kids.
33. I hope our kids will be _____________ like you.
34. You’re so thoughtful.
35. I value your input.
36. I can’t imagine life without you.
37. Thank you for building a life with me.
38. I’m so lucky your mine.
39. You’re so handsome.
40. You’re a great provider!
41. Thank you for fixing that!
42. You’re so smart!
43. I love your sense of humor.
44. I learn so much from you.
45. Thanks for helping around the house!
46. You’re so sexy 😉
47. I trust your judgment.
48. You’re a good friend.
49. Thanks for being faithful.
50. Our kids are lucky you’re their father.
You see how that works? And honestly. It’s a lot of fun thinking up affirmations like these! And what makes them even better is the fact that your husband is going to cherish these words so much because they come from you!
What creative ways do you plan to use Words of Affirmation in your marriage? I’d love to hear about them! Drop your ideas in the comments.
- All Things Spring BUNDLE
- 50 Ways to Love Your Husband Using Gifts